On July 01 2022, the School for Information and Knowledge Systems (SIKS) organizes its annual SIKS-day. The location will be Kinepolis Jaarbeurs in Utrecht, Jaarbeursboulevard 300, 3521 BC Utrecht. The main aim of the event is to give SIKS-members, participating in research groups all over the country, the opportunity to meet each other in an informal setting and to inform them about current developments and new activities and plans for the coming year.
All members of our research school (research fellows, honorary members, associated members, and Ph.D.-students), as well as our alumni, are invited to participate.
The program is now available.
- 10.45 – 11.00 Welcome by Arno Siebes (UU), Scientific Director SIKS
- 11.00 – 11.30 “25 years of Machine Learning & Natural Language Processing: (R)evolutions” by Antal van den Bosch (Meertens Instituut, UVA)
- 11.30 – 12.00 “Search as Learning: Exploring Human Learning in the Search Process” by Claudia Hauff (TUD)
- 12.00 – 12.30 “Data Systems Research at CWI” by Peter Boncz (CWI / VU)
- 12.30 – 14.00 Lunch
- 14.00 – 14.30 “Thinking about Thinking about Thinking: Human and Hybrid Intelligence” by Rineke Verbrugge (RUG)
- 14.30 – 15.00 “Machine Learning for Health and Wellbeing” by Mark Hoogendoorn (VU)
- 15.00 – 15.30 “Human-AI Interaction: a Tale of 20 PhDs” by Judith Masthoff (UU)
- 15.30 – 16.00 Coffee and Tea
- 16.00 – 16.30 “The Power of Monte-Carlo Tree Search” by Mark Winands (UM)
- 16.30 – 17.00 “What communication scientists and linguists can contribute to anticipating and counteracting the threat of large-scale data and AI” by Martha Larson (RU)
- 17.00 – 18.15 Drinks.
Participation is free for all SIKS-members and alumni, but registration is mandatory. Please fill in the registration form